Mike grew up in a life insurance family working closely with his dad who had been an agent since 1960. When Mike joined him in 1976, his father directed him to Northwestern Mutual, one of the country’s finest insurers. By standing on the shoulders of others, Mike began training with some of the best.
Dewey and Mike earned a reputation for integrity and competence in their community as they helped professionals and business owners plan for their life and disability insurance. (See Endorsement List, circa 1980′s)
Over time Mike learned the importance of debt-free living through Larry Burkett, and about no-load mutual fund investing through Austin Pryor of Sound Mind Investing. There was the advent of Roth IRA’s which eclipsed cash value insurance. Mike also learned that no matter how good one insurer is, it will never be the best for all types of insurance and there will always be conflicts of interest between the insurer and the consumer. The public would benefit from an advocate who had only one loyalty- the consumer.
Who We Are Today
Mike Cave has firsthand experience as a career insurance agent for 15 years from 1978 until 1993. He knows how to get good insurance value in the marketplace.
Mike is sensitive that each excessive dollar spent on insurance is one less for debt repayment, funding Roth IRA’s, or building emergency funds.
- Finance major, Emory Business School-1976
- Career agent with Northwestern Mutual Life from 1977-1993
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) -1985
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)-1986
- Registered Investment Advisor-1993
- Licensed Insurance Counselor
- Over 30 years experience reviewing the needs of hundreds of clients and analyzing their policies and assets; delivered many millions of dollars of life insurance proceeds
- Helped many widows manage their finances on an ongoing basis.
- Advocate of the “Sound Mind Investing” (SMI) approach, a tried and proven strategy that has delivered market-beating returns.
- Author numerous articles in Sound Mind Investing and Money Matters Newsletters
Connect with Mike Cave on LinkedIn.
Our mission is to provide high quality, independent advice on life and disability insurance and annuities, that helps you optimize coverage and save money.
Mike is frugal by nature and over the years has observed enormous waste through the misuse and overuse of insurance. He loves helping consumers do better.
Of what I bring to the table (experience, ability to evaluate policies, familiarity with insurance markets, understanding of investment alternatives, etc.), the most valuable is detachment. It gives me the clear vision to see solutions I would not see otherwise. -Mike Cave